- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of fine salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 200g fresh ricotta
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp Cobram Estate Lemon Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil, to pan-fry
- Lemon curd, to serve
- Blueberries, to serve
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl to combine.
- Whisk eggs yolks, ricotta, buttermilk and Cobram Estate Lemon Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a medium bowl until smooth, then add to dry ingredients until only just combined. Don’t over beat.
Put egg whites in a large bowl and beat with electric hand beaters on high speed until soft peaks form.Add to batter and gently fold until just combined.
Heat one teaspoon of the Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Pour ½ cup of batter into pan, then gently spread to about 12cm in diameter. Cook for about 2 minutes or until bottom is golden brown and bubbles form on top. Flip and cook for a further 2 minutes or until cooked and golden brown.
- Set aside on a plate. To keep them warm, you can cover the plate loosely with foil if you like.
Repeat with Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil and remaining batter to make 9 pancakes. Serve topped with lemon curd, blueberries, a dusting of icing sugar with lemon wedges on the side to squeeze over. Serve.
- For most of us, the first pancake is never pretty. So the mix makes 9, to allow for that first possible dud pancake.
- To make cooking time quicker, cook pancakes in two frying pans at once