- 1kg potatoes, peeled
- 30g butter
- 1 tbsp Cobram Estate Truffle infused Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil + extra to finish
- 1 sprig rosemary, leaves picked and chopped finely
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh thyme leaves to garnish (optional)
- Slice the potatoes lengthways so that they are 1-2cm thick. Try to keep them the same width to they cook evenly.
- Place the potatoes into a pot of salted boiling water and cook for 10 minutes until they start to soften. Drain and allow to cool slightly before handling.
- Preheat oven to 200C while you prepare to hasselback the potatoes.
- To hasselback the potatoes, place the potato with the flat side down on a board and make small even cuts into the potato. You want to just gently run your knife over the top of the potato to keep the slices together and to avoid cutting all the way through. I like to make about 10-15 cuts per potato for maximum crispiness.
- Place the butter in the oven tray and place in the oven until melted. Place the potatoes into the tray, cut side down, then sprinkle with salt, pepper and rosemary. Drizzle with Cobram Estate Truffle infused Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Cook the potatoes for 30-35 minutes, then flip and cook for a further 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Finish with an extra drizzle of Cobram Estate Truffle infused Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil and fresh thyme leaves.