- 3 lamb back straps (approx. 700g in total)
- 5 tbsp Cobram Estate Premiere Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus extra 4 Tbsp for dressing
- 1 ½ tsp ground paprika
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 small cauliflower, leaves removed (about 1kg without leaves)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- ½ cup dry roasted natural almonds, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup currants
- Finely grated zest of ½ lemon and juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup mint leaves, torn
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tsp honey
Method1. Preheat oven to 200ºC. Put lamb in a large zip-lock bag with 2 Tbsp of Premiere Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add paprika and cumin then massage to coat. Set aside.
2. Cut cauliflower into florets and transfer to a large roasting tray. Add garlic and remaining 3 Tbsp of Premiere Extra Virgin Olive Oil, then season generously. Roast for 20 minutes or until cauliflower is golden.
3. Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over med-high heat. Add lamb to pan and pan-fry for 12 minutes, turning occasionally or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate, cover loosely with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice.
4. Put warm roasted cauliflower into a large bowl and add almonds, currants, lemon zest and juice, mint, parsley and lamb. Toss well and season. Combine vinegar, honey and Premiere Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Drizzle half over the salad, toss again. Serve remaining dressing on the side.