- 3 tablespoons Cobram Estate Garlic and Rosemary Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra to serve
- 1 eggplant, cut into 2cm dice
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper
- 8 crumbed lamb cutlets
- 1 cup watercress sprigs
- ½ cup basil leaves
1. To make caponata, heat 2 tablespoons of Garlic and Rosemary Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large deep non-stick frying pan over med-high heat. Add eggplant and onion and cook stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. Stir in paste, capsicum, olives, vinegar and 100ml water. Cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes, stir in half of the tomatoes and cook for a further 2 minutes. Season.
2. Meanwhile, to cook lamb, heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Cook lamb for 4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked to medium.
3. Serve lamb on a bed of caponata and watercress, drizzled with a little extra Garlic and Rosemary Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil, scattered with basil leaves.