- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup raw almonds in their skins, roughly chopped
- ½ cup raw cashews, roughly chopped
- ½ cup raw pecans, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
1- Line a small baking tray with baking paper. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
2- Mash the banana with a fork in a large mixing bowl. Add the Extra Virgin Olive Oil, maple syrup, vanilla paste and cinnamon and whisk with the fork to combine.
3- Add the oats, nuts and seeds and mix well. Tip into the prepared tray and press down firmly. Bake for 50-60 mins, without stirring the mixture, or until golden brown.
4- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely in the tray. Gently break up the granola into chunks and store in an airtight container in a cool pantry.
With special thanks to our friend Dr. Joanna McMillan