- Freshly ground black pepper
- Handful parsley, chopped to serve
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & diced
- 1 bunch broccolini, chopped small (or broccoli)
- 1/2 bunch kale, stalks removed and leaves finely sliced (about 2 cups)
- 400g chicken breast meat, sliced into strips
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tb Cobram Estate Classic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 L chicken stock (homemade or good quality commercial) Iodised salt to taste
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic for a few minutes over a moderate heat. Take care not to let them brown.
- Add the stock and bring to a simmer. Add the chicken breasts and simmer for 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Add the chickpeas and broccolini. Simmer for a few minutes and then add the kale. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Ladle half of the soup, trying to avoid the chicken pieces, into your Vitamix container (or other blender) and blend until velvety smooth. Pour back into the saucepan and stir to combine. Check and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Ladle into bowls to serve and garnish with a little freshly chopped flat leaf parsley.
With special thanks to our friend Dr. Joanna McMillan