- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup coriander
- 1/2 cup basil, leaves picked
- 2 tb fresh oregano leaves (or 1 tb dried)
- 1/4 cup or 70ml lemon juice
- 1 tsp chilli flakes or 1 fresh red chilli (remove the seeds if you don't want too much heat, or leave the chilli out completely)
- 1/2 kg king prawns with tails intact
- 1 cup or 250ml Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tb red wine vinegar
1- In a food processor blitz the garlic, parsley, oregano, coriander and basil until roughly chopped. Add the lemon juice, Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil, chilli and red wine vinegar. Pulse a couple of times to combine but be careful not to over blend. Set aside to marry all the flavours.
2- Meanwhile, soak the skewers in a bowl of water for 15 minutes. This helps to prevent the skewers from burning on the bbq.
3- Skewer the prawns, brush with a little extra virgin olive oil and grind over some black pepper. Pre-heat your bbq to hot and bbq the skewers for a couple of minutes on each side, just until the prawn is nicely pink. Serve the skewers with the chimichurri sauce on the side ready to dip in or drizzle over the hot prawns.
With special thanks to our friend Dr. Joanna McMillan