- 1 brown onion
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 400g can of diced tomatoes
- 200g baby spinach
- 400g chicken thigh fillets, diced (visible fat trimmed)
- 400g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbl Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 1 cup salt reduced chicken stock
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- Combine onion and Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a medium sized pan and stir until onion softens. Add curry paste and gently fry until you smell the aromas. Add the water and stir to combine.
- Add chicken and pumpkin and stir to coat with the curry paste. Add the tomatoes, stock and coconut milk and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer gently for 20 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- Stir in chickpeas and spinach and simmer for two minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the spinach has wilted. Serve immediately.
With special thanks to our friend Dr. Joanna McMillan