- 1L vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons Cobram Estate Ultra Premium Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 large stalk celery, sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 300g arborio rice
- 125ml dry white wine
- 10 Asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 3cm lengths
- 300g hot smoked salmon fillets, gently flaked
- Handful of dill leaves, roughly chopped
- Zest of one small lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra dill leaves
- Extra lemon zest
- Cobram Estate Ultra Premium Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Lace stock in a saucepan and bring to a very gentle simmer. In a separate large heavy based pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil on medium and cook onion, celery and garlic until just softened.
- Add the rice and cook for a further 3 minutes until rice is slightly translucent. Add the wine and stir continually until the wine has reduced by half.
- Add a ladle of the hot stock, stirring the rice until it has been absorbed. Continue with the remainder of the stock, ladle by ladle until the rice is tender. This will take about 20 minutes. With the last ladle of stock, add in your asparagus to cook through.
- Remove from the heat, gently fold in the salmon, dill, zest and seasoning. Cover to let rest for 5 minutes to allow the salmon to heat through.
- To serve, plate the risotto and garnish with the extra dill and lemon Finish with a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.