- 500g mixed tomatoes (we used trussed, cherry, grape and heirloom)
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 250g Halloumi, drained, sliced 1cm thick
- 2 flatbread, Lebanese bread or tortillas, torn into large pieces
- 2 Tbsp Oregano leaves
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- ½ cup baby beetroot leaves
- Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- Cut largest tomatoes into rounds, others in half and leave some of the smaller tomatoes whole. Transfer to a serving platter or tray. Drizzle with vinegar and Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and allow flavours to infuse. Meanwhile, preheat a barbecue flat plate, barbecue grill or a non-stick frying pan over high heat.
- Brush haloumi with a little Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil then cook in batches for 1 minute each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate. Cook bread for 30 seconds each side.
- Add bread, haloumi, oregano, basil and beetroot leaves to tomato mixture. Toss well and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.