- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, cut into 1cm strips
- 1 Tbsp Cobram Estate First Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tsp dried Italian herbs
- 1 tsp good quality balsamic vinegar
- sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 125g cream cheese, chopped, softened
- finely grated zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- Cobram Estate First Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil, to drizzle
- 8 thick cut slices sourdough
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 4 slices prosciutto, halved
- basil leaves, to serve
Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue grill plate over high heat. Put capsicum and extra virgin olive oil in a large bowl. Add Italian herbs. Toss well. Cook capsicum for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally until capsicum is tender and lightly charred. Transfer to a bowl and add balsamic vinegar. Toss to coat and season. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 5 minutes.
Put cream cheese, lemon zest and juice in a medium bowl and beat until smooth. Set aside.
Drizzle a generous amount of Cobram Estate extra virgin olive oil over one side of each piece of sourdough. Grill sourdough for 30 seconds each side or until lightly charred. Remove from pan and rub oil side with garlic. Transfer to a serving platter, garlic side up. Spread cream cheese onto sourdough and top with capsicum, prosciutto, basil and an extra drizzle of oil.