- 3 to 4 teaspoons of Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 200 grams of dark muscovado sugar
- 200 ml of honey
- 4 egg, lightly whisked
- 500 grams plain flour, sifted
- 200 grams hazelnut meal
- 200 ml milk
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon bi-carb
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of golden syrup
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of glucose
- 180 white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Dark Chocolate Topping
- 200 g dark melted chocolate
1. To start pre heat oven to 180C and line a 30x24 cm swiss roll tin with baking paper.
2. In a standard mixer, beat together EVOO, honey and sugar until it becomes lighter in colour. Add in the lightly beaten eggs followed by the sifted flour, bi-carb, hazelnut meal and spices. Finally add in the milk and continue to mix until all combined.
3. Pour into prepared tin and smooth off the top. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool in tin.
4. To make the caramel, place condensed milk, sugar, glucose syrup, golden syrup and butter in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, without boiling, for 10 minutes or until mixture is glossy and sugar has dissolved.
5. Increase heat to medium-low. Bring to a simmer, stirring. Cook, stirring constantly, for 6 to 8 minutes or until mixture thickens and comes away from side of pan. Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate until combined and melted. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth top. Sprinkle with salt, pressing in with the back of a spoon to secure.
6. Cool slightly before pouring over the top of the gingerbread around 1 cm thick, place in fridge to set before pouring over melted dark chocolate.