- 2 - 3 tablespoons Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 regular sized cauliflower
- 1 large bunch of kale
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 cup pecan nuts
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
1. Start by cutting the cauliflower up into rough bite sized florets. It's good to have some small crumbly bits too as these will really crisp up. Now preheat a large heavy base saucepan to a medium heat. Add in 1 tablespoon of your Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil and add in the cauliflower. Stir to coat with the oil and season with half of the salt and pepper.
2. Continue cooking the cauliflower until softened and really golden, this will take around 10 - 15 minutes. In the interim, chop up the pecans roughly and remove the kale leaves from the woody stems. Roughly chop up the kale.
3. Once the cauliflower is done add in the pecans and stir through for a good 2 - 3 minutes allowing them to start toasting. Now add the kale and stir through with the remaining Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil, salt and pepper along with the garlic. The kale will wilt down quite quickly. I like to give it at least 5 - 10 minutes to really soften and even start to slightly crispy up in the oil.
4. Serve as a side dish to your protein of choice along with some complex carbs such as creamy polenta.
Recipe from our friend, Jessica Cox