Vegan | Nut Free | Dairy Free
- 7g yeast
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 615ml lukewarm water
- 625g strong bread flour
- 5 teaspoons salt, divided
- 5-6 tablespoons Cobram Estate Garlic and Rosemary Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 large rosemary sprigs
- Place yeast, honey and water in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Let sit for 5-7 minutes or until it becomes frothy. Add flour and 4 teaspoons of salt, then mix well until no dry parts remain.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of Garlic and Rosemary Extra Virgin Olive Oil into a clean large bowl. Transfer dough to the bowl and turn to coat in the Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until doubled in size, at least 7 hours and up to one day.
- Liberally grease a large baking tray (approximately 28 x 22cm) with 1-2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Remove dough from the refrigerator, then gently lift and fold the dough into the centre of the bowl using two forks.
- Transfer dough to the prepared tray and set aside to prove in a warm spot until doubled in size; at 1.5 - 3 hours.
- Once risen, preheat oven to 230°C. Lightly oil your hands and dimple the dough all over, then sprinkle with minced garlic, salt and rosemary. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, then bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
If your oven has a ‘prove’ function, I would highly suggest using this for the second prove (i.e.
once the dough is in the tray).
Recipe by @madeby.mandy