- 2 cups of frozen cranberries (available at specialty food stores)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 6 pieces of chicken with bones and skin on
- 8 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Seasoning - salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- 1/3 cup of Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive oil and a splash for browning
- 1 lemon (keep lemon halves for roasting)
- 3 medium celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Rosemary and some defrosted cranberries for colour and garnish
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
2. Combine rosemary and paprika together and sprinkle all over chicken pieces. Easiest to do this in a bag or container to coat chicken well and then rub well into chicken skin. Let sit for 15-20 mins.
3. In another bowl or container, mix Extra Virgin olive Oil, lemon juice, garlic and seasoning, celery, onions and left over lemon halves and then add chicken pieces. Coat everything well. Leave for another 15 mins.
4. Sprinkle a dash of Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a fry pan and brown chicken pieces.
5. Place chicken, and rest of ingredients in a lightly oiled baking pan and add chicken broth. Place in preheated oven and bake until chicken is cooked through, approx. 35 mins.