- 200g sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons Cobram Estate Ultra Premium Coratina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt to taste
- 1 lemon
- 1 head fennel, finely sliced
- 1 green apple, finely sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 100g mixed salad leaves
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- Lemon wedges
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses or balsamic glaze
- Cobram Estate Ultra Premium Coratina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Heat oven to 180C. To make the croutons, tear bread into bite sized pieces and place in a mixing bowl. Using a separate small bowl, combine the EVOO, garlic, paprika and salt and pour over bread. Gently toss to coat.
- Place croutons on a lined baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until crisp. Toss the croutons after the first 10 minutes to ensure even browning. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- To make the salad, cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a large mixing bowl and fill bowl halfway with cold water. Remove the core from the fennel and trim the tops, keeping the fronds for garnish. Finely slice the fennel and place into the lemon water to keep it from browning. Finely slice the apple and add to the lemon water.
- To assemble, arrange the mixed salad leaves on a serving platter. Drain the fennel and apple, pat dry and arrange on top of the leaves. Scatter the red onion slices. To serve, place the lemon wedges around the platter, pour molasses or balsamic glaze over salad and top with croutons. Finish with a generous drizzle of Cobram Estate's Ultra Premium Coratina Extra Virgin Olive Oil.