- 6 Sebago or Desiree potatoes (1 kg), peeled and quartered
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 2 sprigs of lemon thyme
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 100ml Cobram Estate Classic Flavour extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- To make the mash, place the potato in a saucepan, cover with cold water and add a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil and cook for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- While the potatoes are cooking, make the salsa by finely chopping together the garlic, parsley, thyme and lemon and mixing through 1 tablespoon of the extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain cooked potatoes into a colander (reserving ½ cup of water) and allow the steam to dissipate from the potatoes. Return the potatoes to the pan and mash, then whip in remaining oil until smooth and silky. If too dry add a splash of the reserved cooking water.
- Serve mash with the herby salsa on top.