- 1 & 2/3 cup plain flour (add more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of mixed spice
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup golden syrup or molasses
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Your choice of Icing
- Preheat the oven to 170°C fan force and line a large baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, mix the Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, egg, golden syrup, vanilla essence and the brown sugar until combined.
- Add in the plain flour, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, mixed spice and salt and mix until combined.
- Place the cookie dough onto a floured surface
Roll the dough with a rolling pin to about ¼" thickness.
Using your cookie cutter, cut out the cookie shapes that you want. Place on the prepared baking tray and bake for 9 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool completely before you can decorate them with icing and enjoy!