- 2 Tbsp finely chopped lemon thyme
- ¼ tsp star anise powder
- ½ Tbsp cracked black pepper
- 4 duck fillets
- 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Lemon Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- In a medium bowl mix together lemon thyme, star anis and cracked pepper. Add duck fillets and coat the meat well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat ½ tbsp Cobram Estate Lemon Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a non-stick pan. When hot, place duck fillets, skin down, in pan and cook for 2 minutes. They must not burn.
- Remove duck from pan and place on a rack, skin up, set over a roasting tray. Sprinkle duck with salt and place in hot oven. Bake for 5 minutes, then reduce oven to 100°C and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Slice each duck fillet into 6 pieces. Drizzle the duck with remaining Cobram Estate Lemon Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil and serve.
This dish is great served with mashed potato.