- 1 pork fillet
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 3 tbs water
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh oregano
- 1 nashi pear, roughly chopped, core removed
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tb Cobram Estate Premiere Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra
- 2/3 cup (145g) brown rice
- 4 boiled eggs
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 4 cups spinach or kale
1. Mix together the garlic, soy sauce, maple syrup, water, oregano, Cobram Estate Premiere Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a good grind of black pepper. Puree the Nashi pear and onion then add to the marinade ingredients. Mix well to combine.
2. Place the pork fillet in a dish and add the marinade, coating all sides. Leave to rest for at least 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile cook the rice as per packet instructions as times will vary depending on the rice variety used.
4. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to simmer and add the eggs. If using directly from the fridge cook for 8 minutes for hard boiled. Cool and peel. Set aside.
5. Heat a heavy based frying pan or barbeque hot plate with extra Cobram Estate Premiere Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Grill the pork for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through. Rest the meat for 5 minutes.
6. Assemble your pork bowl with ½ cup cooked rice each. Layer your meat on top and serve with the accompaniments eggs, sliced onions, peanuts and steamed spinach.
Note: We pickled the onion but you do not have to. To pickle your onion mix 1 tsp sugar and ¼ cup of a mix of white vinegar and water. Leave to stand for 10 minutes or until slightly softened. Drain and serve.