- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups wholemeal spelt flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, roughly blitzed in blender
- 2 tbs sesame seeds
- 3 dates, diced
- 3 figs, diced
- 2 large eggs, whisked with a fork
- ½ cup Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup good quality honey
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Line a couple of baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients, tossing the dried fruit in the flour to ensure no pieces are sticking together.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix with a spoon to combine.
- Using an ice cream scoop and wet hands, scoop out a golf ball sized amount of mixture, roll in your hands, slightly flatten into a cookie shape and place on the lined tray. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Place the cookies into the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool. Once cool store in an airtight container in the pantry.