- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup dates, pitted & chopped
- 80ml Cobram Estate Light Flavour Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¾ cup milk or cream (dairy or plant-based), 1-2 tablespoons extra if mixture is dry
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Add flour to a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
3. Add milk and Cobram Estate Light Flavour Extra Virgin Olive Oil and stir using a blunt knife until just combined then add dates.
4. Turn dough out onto a clean bench. Fold dough a couple of times and press into a disk 10cm thick.
5. Press out rounds using a glass jar or cookie cutter and place 1cm apart on baking tray.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through
7. Serve immediately, with a topping of choice (we love chilled coconut cream)!