- 250 gram good quality 70% chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 200 ml cream
- 2 teaspoons of caster sugar
- pink salt flakes
- 1 sheet of good quality shortcrust pastry
For tart shell
- 300 grams of all-purpose flour
- 150ml Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 egg
- 80 ml of cold water
- pinch of salt
1. In a mixing bowl, mix together flour and salt. Then add in Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil using a fork until resembles breadcrumbs. Gradually stir in cold water (about 1/4 cup as a guide as it may vary) until the mixture forms a dough. Wrap the dough in cling wrap and allow it to rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 180C. Roll out the pasty and use it to line a 23 cm greased tart tin. Blind bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
3. For the filling, in a saucepan, place cream, sugar and a pinch of salt. Remove from heat as soon as it hits boiling point. Add in the chocolate and Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil stirring until completely melted.
4. Pour chocolate mix into prepared tart shell, and put in the fridge for 1 hour to set, sprinkle with sea salt before serving.