- 4 medium over ripe bananas, mashed plus one for the top.
- ½ cup of Cobram Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 lightly beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup of self raising flour
- 1/4 cup Dutch cocoa
- ½ cup of dark chocolate chopped up
- ½ cup of desiccated coconut
- splash of milk
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a medium sized loaf tin.
- In a mixing bowl combine the mashed bananas with the oil, sugar, vanilla and eggs and mix until it has come together.
- Add in the sifted flour and the cocoa plus a dash of milk and stir until combines. Add in the chopped chocolate pieces and coconut before pouring in to the lines loaf tin.
- Place the extra banana sliced down the middle on top, and bake for an hour or so. To test spike with a skewer and see if the skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool before serving.