- 1/2 cup Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cm piece of ginger, roughly chopped
- 1 lemongrass stalk
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 bunch of coriander, washed
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 3 red chillies
- 2 teaspoons tamarind paste
- 1 x 400ml can of Coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Juice of 1 ½ lime
- 2 chicken breasts
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup fish sauce
- brown sugar
- 1 can of bamboo roots, drained
- 375g dried rice noodles, cooked as per packets instructions
- to serve: red onion, thai basil, coriander and fried shallots
1. For the spice paste, place all ingredients in food processor and pulse to a smooth paste. Place all the spice mix in a large stockpot over a medium heat, and cook stirring constantly for 6 minutes, or until fragrant.
2. Add coconut milk, chicken stock and place in the chicken breast and simmer until chicken is cooked through and the stock has reduced slightly. Remove chicken and shred once slightly cooled.
3. Bring the stock to the boil, and stir through sugar, fish sauce and lime juice. Return the shredded chicken. Divide the noodles in to bowls, and spoon over soup and chicken. Top with Thai basil, red onions, coriander and fried shallots.