- 1 cup self-raising flour
- ¼ cup dutch cocoa
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pouring cream, to serve
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp dutch cocoa, sifted
Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 26cm long x 19cm wide x 5cm deep capacity rectangular oven dish.
- Sift flour, cocoa and baking powder into a large bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, put olive oil, sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla, then whisk until combined.
Using a whisk, gently stir flour mixture into olive oil mixture, in two batches, until a smooth batter forms. Pour into dish, then transfer onto a large oven tray.
To make sauce, combine brown sugar and cocoa in a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle over batter then pour 2 cups boiling water over the back of a large spoon, directly over batter.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes until cake is firm, and a thick sauce has formed. Set aside for 5 minutes, then serve with cream.