- 3 cups hazelnut meal
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1/3 cup roasted pistachios
- ½ cup white sugar
- 4 tbsp water
- Icing sugar, to serve
- Thick dollop cream, to serve
1. Pre-heat oven to 160°C. Grease a 20cm round cake tin and line base and sides with baking paper. Set aside.
2. Combine hazelnut meal, cocoa powder, caster sugar and baking powder into a large bowl.
3. Combine eggs, Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and milk into a small bowl and whisk well.
4. Add the Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil mixture to the dry ingredients and stir well to combine.
5. Pour mixture into prepared cake tin and smooth the surface.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Leave to cool for 20 minutes before removing from tin and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
7. Meanwhile, to prepare the pistachio praline, line a small baking tray with baking paper and spread pistachios evenly over the tray.
8. Combine sugar and water into a small saucepan and place on high heat.
9. Once the mixture comes to the boil, reduce to a summer for 5-10 minutes or until golden.
10. Pour the toffee evenly over the pistachios and set aside to cool. Roughly chop praline.
11. Once cake is cool, dust with icing sugar.
12. To serve, place a slice of cake onto a small plate with a dollop of cream and a sprinkle of pistachio praline.
Recipe thanks to Balance By Monica.