- 1 wholemeal muffin, halved
- 50g smoked salmon
- 60g wilted spinach
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 birds eye chilli, diced
- 1 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup pine nuts
1. Toast pine nuts in a small pan on a low heat for 1-2 minutes.
2. Place basil leaves, pine nuts, chilli, Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Parmesan cheese in a mortar and pestle and grind gently until mixture becomes paste-like.
3. Poach eggs in boiling water for 2 minutes or cooked until desired. Remove eggs from water and dry with toweling paper.
4. Layer muffin halves with wilted spinach, smoked salmon, 1x poached egg and top with spoonful of chilli pesto.
Recipe thanks to Joel Feren, The Nutrition Guy.