Chilli & Herb Seafood Skewers:
- 16 large uncooked prawns (1.2kg)
- 6 squid hoods (900g)
- 800g tuna steaks or firm white fish
- ½ cup (125ml) Cobram Estate Light Flavour Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice and rind of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, chopped finely
- 1 eschalot, chopped finely
- 285g jar piquillo peppers, drained, sliced
- 600g large and small heirloom tomatoes, halved or sliced depending on size
- 1 eschalot, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup (40g) smoked almonds, chopped coarsely
- 1/4 cup each small flat-leaf parsley and oregano leaves
1. If using metal skewers, oil well. If using bamboo skewers, soak in boiling water for 10 minutes.
2. Shell and devein prawns, leaving heads and tails intact. Cut squid in half lengthways, then cut into 4cm lengths. Cut fish into 3cm x 8cm pieces. Place seafood in a shallow glass or ceramic dish.
3. To make the dressing, whisk extra virgin olive oil, lemon rind and juice, vinegar, paprika, garlic, chilli and eschalot in a small bowl until combined. Pour half the dressing over the seafood; toss gently to coat. Thread seafood, alternating between squid, fish and prawns, onto 16 skewers. Refrigerate while preparing salad.
4. To make the romesco salad, place ingredients in a large bowl; toss gently to combine.
5. Heat a barbecue or grill plate over high heat. Season skewers. Cook for 3 minutes each side or until prawns have changed colour and squid is just cooked through.
6. Pour remaining dressing over salad; toss gently to coat.
7. Serve seafood skewers with salad.