- 2 eggs
- 410g can creamed corn
- 1 ¼ cups coarsely grated tasty cheese
- 2 green shallots, finely sliced
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, finely chopped
- Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 8 Tbsp Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 avocado, peeled, stoned, diced
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- Fried eggs, to serve (optional)
- Crispy bacon, to serve (optional)
- Combine eggs, creamed corn, tasty cheese and shallots in a large bowl. Sift in flour and baking powder and stir until just combined. Stir in spinach leaves then season.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. When oil is hot, add ¼ cup of batter to pan and smooth with a teaspoon to slightly flatten. Repeat to make 3 fritters. Cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Remove from pan.
- Repeat step 2, three more times with remaining oil and batter to make 12 fritters.
- Toss avocado, lemon juice and basil together in a medium bowl.
- Serve fritters with avocado mixture.