- 2 x pears, thickly sliced
- 1 x bag of rocket and mixed salad leaves
- 1 x handful of walnuts
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Goats cheese, to serve
- Balsamic vinegar, to serve
- Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pepper, to season
1. Heat a drizzle of Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large, non-stick frypan. Add 1 x pear (sliced) and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until it starts to brown.
2. Sprinkle half a teaspoon of sugar over the pears and cook for further 2-3 minutes until the pears start to caramelise. Season with pepper and then remove the pears from the pan.
3. Allow pan to cool for a minute and then add balsamic vinegar and allow to bubble for 1 minute, stirring. Add the pears back to the pan and coat with the balsamic vinegar. Remove pear slices from the pan and set aside.
4. In a separate frypan, add the walnuts and heat over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring regularly to avoid burning.
5. In a large bowl, add the rocket and mixed salad leaves. Top with sliced raw pear, toasted walnuts. Then add the caramelised pear and sprinkle with goats cheese. Drizzle the balsamic sauce from the pan over the salad and then add an additional drizzle of Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil and balsamic vinegar.
Recipe from our friends at The Biting Truth