- ½ cup quinoa (about 1 ½ cups cooked quinoa)
- 150g almond meal
- ¼ cup Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten - substitute Flax seed egg for Vegan option
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup coarsely grated carrot
- ½ cup coarsely grated zucchini
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sultanas
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- ½ cup dry roasted natural almonds, roughly chopped
- Put quinoa in a small saucepan and add 250ml warm water. Bring to the boil, cover with lid and reduce heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside with lid on for 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12 hole, 1/3 cup capacity muffin tin with paper cases.
- Put almond meal, extra virgin olive oil, eggs, or vegan friendly option flax seed eggs and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Stir in carrot, zucchini, sugar, sultanas and chia seeds. Sift in cinnamon and baking powder. Stir in cooled quinoa.
- Divide mixture between prepared holes and top with berries and almonds. Bake for 30-minutes or until light golden and cooked through when tested with a skewer. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from tin and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.