- 10/12 heirloom beetroots, trimmed and washed
- 8 sprigs of thyme
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup of Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 375g sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- 400g Ricotta
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, whisked
- Preheat oven to 190C; In a large roasting pan add beetroots, Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 4 sprigs thyme and season with salt and pepper. Place in oven until tender, approximately 1.5 hours, depending on the size of the beetroots. This can be done ahead of time. Once beetroots are cooked, allow to cool slightly before cutting in half. Set aside.
- To prepare pastry, preheat oven to 180C; fold sheet of puff pastry in half, brushing whisked egg between the fold. Cut out a rectangle on the top layer of pastry, and score the bottom layer, brush egg mix around edges. Place in oven for 10 minutes until puffed and golden.
- Meanwhile, place ricotta, horseradish and seasoning into a bowl and mix until well combined. Once puff pastry is done, scoop in ricotta mixture, top with beetroots and grate over parmesan cheese; place back in oven until cheese is melted.
- Top with fresh remaining thyme sprigs and a drizzle of Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil.