- 1/2 cup salt reduced soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Mirin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup Cobram Estate Premiere Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 3cm chunk of ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 500g beef, cut into strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, cut into sticks
- 2 red capsicums, cut into sticks
- 2 zucchinis, cut into strips
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups wild rice
1. In a mixing bowl, add the soy sauce, mirin, honey, Cobram Estate Premiere Extra Virgin Olive Oil, ginger and garlic and mix well. Add the beef and stir until all beef is covered by the marinade. Set aside for 30 minutes (or overnight)
2. Place the rice in a saucepan of boiling water with. Do this before you make the stir fry as wild rice takes 35-40 minutes to cook!
3. Place a wok over medium-high heat and add some Cobram Estate Premiere Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Cook the beef in batches. Only leave the beef in the pan for a couple of minutes as it will continue to cook once you re-add it to the pan later.
4. Leave the marinade in the bottom of the wok and cook the onions first until transparent. Then add the carrots and cook for a few minutes, followed by the capsicum for a few minutes, followed by the zucchini.
5. Add the beef back into the wok and mix it through the veggies.
6. Add the parsley.
7. Drain off your cooked rice and serve!
Recipe thanks to the wonderful, Melbourne Nutrition.