- 400g hokkien noodles
- 500g beef rump steak, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive OIil
- ½ tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 2 Tbsp kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, halved
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 tsp black or white sesame seeds, toasted
- ¼ cup roasted salted cashews
- 2 green shallots, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced on diagonal
Put noodles in a large bowl and cover with hot water. Set aside for 5 minutes to slightly soften and loosen up. Drain well.
Meanwhile, combine beef, Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Chinese five spice powder and 1 Tbsp of the kecap manis in a large bowl.
- Heat a large frying pan or wok over high heat. Add half of the beef to pan and stir-fry for 3 minutes until lightly beef is browned, and partially cooked. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Repeat with remaining beef.
Add noodles to the pan with honey, ginger, garlic, onion and remaining soy sauce and cook for 1 minute.
- Add 2 Tbsp water, broccolini and sugar snap peas and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Return beef to pan and toss well. Cook for a further 2 minutes for until vegetables are just tender and beef is cooked through.
- Serve topped with sesame seeds, cashews, shallots and red chilli.