- 2x bunches of asparagus
- 1x cup of tomato medley or 1x small punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons of toasted pinenuts
- 4 Tablespoons of goats cheese or Persian feta
- 1 lemon (juice of)
- Cobram Estate Ultra Premium Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil - generous amount (approx 4 in total tablespoons)
- Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil (for pan)
- Salt & pepper
1. Drizzle Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil on the BBQ and then warm on a medium heat.
2. Place tomatoes in a bowl and coat them in 2-3 Tablespoons of Cobram Estate Ultra Premium Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil with salt & pepper to taste.
3. Cook Asparagus on the BBQ for approximately 5-6 minutes - turning the asparagus every 1-2 minutes so they do not burn. Check they are soft by piercing the skin with a fork or skewer.
4. Once the Asparagus are ready layer them on a serving plate and top them with the Cobram Estate Ultra Premium Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil coated tomatoes.
5. Place the goats cheese or Persian feta on top of the tomatoes and squeeze the juice of half a lemon across the top.
6. Toast the pinenuts in a frying pan on a medium heat on the stove top in 1 tablespoon of Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil for 1 minute, and then finally layer them on top of the goats cheese or feta.
Optional - serve the salad with the remaining lemon on the side for those who enjoy more lemon.
This is the perfect accompaniment to a summer BBQ in particular chicken or fish. Simple. Fresh. Delicious and nutritious.
Recipe thanks to our friend, Jessica Spendlove Dietitian.