- 1 cup of tri-coloured quinoa
- 1 cube of Massel Monash University Low FODMAP Certified™, salt reduced vegetable stock, dissolved in 2 cups of boiling water
- 1 small red capsicum ½ cm diced
- 2 medium Lebanese cucumbers, ½ cm diced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- ½ cup fresh mint, chopped
- ½ cup fresh coriander, chopped
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 ½ tbsp of fish sauce (or soy sauce for Vegan option)
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp Cobram Estate garlic infused extra virgin olive oil*
- 2 tbsp pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- Rinse quinoa very well in a fine sieve*. Cook quinoa by covering with the vegetable stock and microwave in a covered container for 10 minutes. Allow quinoa to rest (still covered) for a further 10 minutes. Place in a large bowl and fluff with a fork then allow to cool.
*It is very important to rinse your quinoa well or it will taste VERY bitter
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the vegetables and herbs then once ready, add to the quinoa and combine.
- Add the lemon juice, fish sauce, ginger and garlic infused extra virgin olive oil into the bowl and mix well. 4. Top with pepitas, sunflower seeds and pine nuts and serve.
- Sprinkle with low FODMAP dukkah or drizzle with extra garlic infused extra virgin olive oil and some lemon juice.
- Serve with lean cooked chicken, firm tofu, fish, a poached egg or crumbled feta cheese.
One serve of this recipe is low FODMAP.