- 3 tbsp Cobram Estate Rich and Robust extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp ground cloves or 1 whole clove
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp coriander seeds crushed using the back of a spoon
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 600g cubed beef casserole, oyster blade or from the shin
- 2 red capsicums
- ½ brown onion, sliced
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tbsp corn flour mixed with 2 tbsp dry white wine
- Place 1 tbsp of the Cobram Estate Rich and Robust extra virgin olive oil, the ground cloves, paprika, cracked pepper, coriander and mustard seeds in a bowl and mix well with the beef cubes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until required.
- Halve the capsicums, remove the seeds and wash the capsicums.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Heat the remaining Cobram Estate Rich and Robust extra virgin olive oil in an ovenproof dish and brown the meat for 3 minutes on high heat. Add the sliced onion and brown for 2 minutes. Add the beef stock, bring to a simmer, then stir in the corn flour mixture. Season with a little salt and stir well. Add the capsicum and stir again.
- Cover with foil and a tight-fitting lid, then cook in the preheated oven for about 2 hours or until tender – check halfway through the time to see that everything is going well.