- Cobram Estate Light Flavour Extra Virgin olive oil for poaching + 1 tbsp for dressing
- 4 x 100g salmon portions
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 10 kipfler potatoes, skins on and washed
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 bunch flat leaf parsley, leaves only
FOR THE SALMON:
- Poach the salmon portions in Extra Virgin olive oil flavoured with thyme and garlic – approximately 1-2 cups of oil or until the fish is fully submerged.
- Poach on low heat (or at 50°C using a cooking thermometer) for 30 minutes.
- Steam potatoes in their skins then peel while warm (alternatively you can roast the potatoes in Extra Virgin olive oil).
FOR THE DRESSING:
Image courtsey of http://petrinatinslay.com/
- Make a dressing with the lemon, mustard and Extra Virgin olive oil then season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Toss potatoes, parsley and dressing in a bowl.
- Serve with the salmon.