PORK COTOLETTA INGRDIENTS
- 4 x 260-280g loin of pork cutlets
- 3 eggs
- 80ml milk
- 60g (about ½ cup) plain flour 1
- 60g Breadcrumbs
- 20g(1 tablespoon) freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 20g (¼bunch) parsley leaves, picked & washed, finely chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon Salt and Pepper
- 120ml Cobram Estate Classic extra virgin olive oil
- 80g Unsalted butter
- 4 large Lemon wedges
- 1tbs Dijon Mustard
- ¼ of a small cabbage cut into fine julienne
- ½ bulb baby fennel sliced thinly sliced on a mandoline (vegetable slicer)
- ½ of a small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2-3 small radishes, sliced thinly sliced on a mandoline (vegetable slicer)
- ¼ bunch basil leaves, picked & washed
- ¼ bunch mint leaves, picked & washed
- ¼ bunch parsley leaves, picked & washed
- 1 tablespoon tiny salted capers, rinsed in cold water, drained
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ¼bunch watercress, picked & washed
- 80g Frozen baby peas thawed
- 2 teaspoons Cobram Estate Chilli Infused olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons Cobram Estate Classic extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly milled black pepper to taste & A generous pinch of sea salt
FOR THE PORK
- Use a meat tenderizer to flatten each pork cutlet (meat to be no more than 10mm thick)
- Beat the eggs & milk together with a pinch of salt & pepper
- Mix the crumbs with the lemon zest, parsley & parmesan, add a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Lightly dust the cutlets in the flour, then coat them with the egg, and with the crumbs, taking care to press the crumbs on firmly.
- Place the crumbed cutlets on a tray in the fridge until you are ready to cook them.
- Add the Cobram Estate Classic extra virgin olive oil & heat until a few crumbs sizzle when dropped in. Add the butter & as it is melting add the cotolettas & cook until golden brown, for about 3-4 minutes. Carefully turn them over & give them another 3-4 minutes, until they are golden brown.
- Remove them from the pan & place them on an oven proof tray lined with absorbent kitchen paper in a low oven. At this stage you can toss together the coleslaw & divide it up onto the 4 plates.
- Paint a stripe of Dijon mustard across the plate.
- Serve the cotolettas next to the coleslaw & garnish with the lemon wedges
FOR THE ITALIAN COLESLAW
- Place all the prepared vegetables, herbs & cheese in a large bowl & toss together.
- Add the Cobram Estate extra virgin olive oils, lemon juice, salt & pepper & toss again.
- Taste & adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Divide between 4 large plates by piling up the ingredients high, making sure you get all the small pieces that fall to the bottom of the bowl!