Polenta Cake Ingredients
- 6 eggs
- 440 g sugar
- 160 ml reserve hojiblanca oil
- Rind and juice of 4 lemons
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 380 g polenta
- 150 g flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Ricotta Mousse Ingredients
- 500 g ricotta
- 1 Vanilla bean seeds
- 55 g Egg whites
- 65 g Sugar
- 1 g Salt
- 220 g Crème fraîche
- 100 g Cream
- 2 Gelatine leaves
|Polenta Cake Method
- Whisk eggs and sugar together
- Slowly add in olive oil
- Mix together the flour, polenta, baking powder and salt
- Add dry mixture alternately with lemon juice
- Bake at 160° for approximately 40 minutes or until golden brown test with a skewer (if the skewer is clean the cake is cooked)
Ricotta Mousse Method
- Blend the ricotta and vanilla bean with an electric mixer, once blended add the crème fraîche.
- With a whisk, whisk the egg whites until a soft peak forms, then add the sugar and salt. Fold into the ricotta mixture.
- In a saucepan warm the 100g of cream with the gelatine leaves. Once the gelatine has dissolved fold the cream into the main mixture.
- Then pour the mouse mixture into piping bags.
Assembly of Polenta and Ricotta Mousse
- You can use any form of glass wear to serve this is in (We used wine tumblers). Whatever you decide to serve this dessert in, build it with four even layers of the cake and mousse alternately. You can dice the cake up, cut out rounds, whatever works for your mould. Garnish with extra reserve hojiblanca so it trickles down the layers of the dessert and smashed up caramel nuts or peanut brittle.