- 3 tbsp Cobram Estate Fresh and Fruity extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cup diced carrots
- About ½ cup finely diced red capsicum
- About 1 cup diced eggplant
- ½ cup shelled peas
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ cup water
- 800 g ground lean beef
- ½ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp hot chilli paste
- A little salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- Heat the Cobram Estate Fresh and Fruity extra virgin olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and gently stir-fry the cumin seeds, carrots and capsicum for 1 minute. Add the eggplant, peas and ground cumin, stir and cook for 2 minutes. Add half the water and cook for a further 2 minutes. Allow to cool a little.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Mix the ground beef with the breadcrumbs, cooked vegetables, remaining water, chilli paste and a little salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly for about 1 minute and spoon the preparation into a greased loaf tin and brush the top with ketchup. Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes, lower the temperature to 180°C and cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Remove the meatloaf from oven and leave to rest for 10 minutes before carefully slicing with a serrated knife.