- 2 Cups Full Cream Milk
- 1 Cup Thick Cream
- 1/2 Cup Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1/2 Cup Cobram Estate Basil Infused olive oil
- 6 Egg Yolks
Method using Ice Cream Maker
Don’t boil the cream.
- Blanch fresh basil leaves in the Cobram Estate Basil Infused olive oil. Then set aside to cool.
- In a medium saucepan on medium heat add cream, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Allow liquid to come to a gentle simmer.
Then empty into ice cream maker and follow the manfuactures instructions.
- Then whisk egg yolks and sugar together in a bowl. Make sure they’re well combined.
- When the cream is just starting to simmer slowly add a little into the sugar yolks while whisking. Then transfer into the cream
- Strain the blanched oil and add to cream
- Whisk in the oil with the cream in the form of a figure 8 until the cream forms a custard like consistency or covers the spoon.
- Then remove from heat and let it stand to cool.
- Once cooled empty into a cooking tin and cover in plastic and refrigerate until completely cool.
If you don't have an ice cream maker Method
Follow all the above steps until you come to empty into ice cream maker.
- Allow to chill in the freezer for about forty-five minutes.
- As it starts to freeze near the edges, remove it from the freezer and stir it vigorously or use a hand held mixer (The mixer will create a smoother, creamier ice cream). You really need to make sure you break up parts of the mixture that have become frozen. This will stop the ice cream from forming ice crystals.
- Then return to the freezer.
- Every 30 minutes you will need to repeat the same process until the ice cream is frozen.
- In 2-3 hours it will be ready.