- 1kg desiree potatoes, unpeeled
- 250g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 500g heirloom tomatoes
- 100g peas
- 3 cloves Australian garlic
- 3 sprigs basil
- Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cover potatoes with cold water and bring to the boil.
- Simmer until potatoes became soft(test with a skewer). Drain well, set aside to cool. Peel potatoes and place through a ricer.
- On the a bench add flour to potatoes and bring mixture together, be careful not to add to much flour as the gnocchi will become too hard.
- Lightly flour bench and roll out dough. Cut dough into strips and roll into logs. Cut into desired size.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil, season well with salt, add gnocchi.
- As they cook, gnocchi will rise to the surface, cook for a further 15 seconds then remove.
- Add to sauce.
- In a pot sweat garlic with olive until aromatic. Add tomatoes and peas, cook for a few minutes until tomatoes are slightly softened
- Season with salt and pepper add basil at the end.