- 500 g plain flour
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- Pinch of salt
- 375 ml warm water
- 1 tsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 200g of gorgonzola
- 6 figs, sliced lengthwise
- 8 slices of prosciutto, torn
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- Cobram Estate Basil Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Dough Method by Anna Gare
- To prepare dough, put yeast, salt, sugar, Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and water in a bowl.
- When the yeast starts to bubble, add flour and knead in a mixer using dough hook, for about seven minutes, or hand-knead on lightly floured bench for about 10 to 15 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Let rest in oiled bowl and cover for about 1½ hours (it should double in size).
- Knock back dough, pushing out air gently.
- Roll out into shape, place on lightly oiled baking tray (Makes 2 pizzas)
- Using a brush cover the pizza base with Cobram Estate Basil Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Then tear off a desired amount of the fresh basil leaves and scatter over the base of the pizza then place torn prosciutto, figs and crumbled desired amount of gorgonzola.
- Then drizzle a small amount of the Cobram Estate Basil Infused olive oil over the pizza and bake in a hot oven, on 250 degrees for about 20 minutes. If unsure if its cooked test by lifting the pizza if the base is hard its cooked.
- Once cooked finish with a few scatterings of fresh Basil leaves.